Cadbury hazelnut hotcakes
Move over boring old pancakes….Cadbury Dairy Milk Hazelnut Block has come to town.
- 1 ¾ cups self raising flour
- ¼ cup CADBURY BOURNVILLE Cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 25g butter, melted
- 200g CADBURY DAIRY MILK Hazelnut, roughly chopped
- 100g CADBURY Dark or Milk Cooking Chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup cream
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
1. SIFT the flour, cocoa and bicarb into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar. In separate bowl whisk together milk, egg and vanilla then pour onto the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
2. HEAT a large non-stick frypan over moderate heat then brush with some butter. Spoon ¼ cup amounts of batter into the pan without crowding. Place some chocolate on each pancake. Cook hotcakes 1-2 minutes each side or until golden and puffed. Transfer to a baking tray and keep warm in oven. Cook remaining hotcakes, brushing pan with butter for each batch.
3. MELT together the chocolate and cream in a bowl over simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir to combine. Serve hotcakes in stacks with a drizzle of the chocolate sauce and a scoop of ice cream. Serve immediately.