Made with fresh cherries, this is the perfect summer time dessert to share with family and friends.
- 400g fresh ripe cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons castor sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 175g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 55g butter, melted
- 397g can condensed milk
- 300g cream cheese
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- Place the cherries, lemon juice, sugar and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over a medium-high heat and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature before refrigerating.
- Mix the digestive biscuit crumbs and butter together in a large bowl to combine.
- Spoon the biscuit crumbs into a 20cm springform tin. Press down firmly on the base and sides then refrigerate while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl or mixer, mix together the condensed milk and cream cheese until thick and creamy. Add the lemon juice and zest and stir well to combine.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the tin and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, run a thin knife around the edge of the cheesecake and then unlock the springform tin to release. Top with the fresh cherry topping and enjoy!