Chocolate, pear & walnut cobbler
Winter is the perfect time to indulge in rich and comforting puddings, and this recipe certainly fits that bill. With juicy pears and melting chocolate, the whole family will love this winter warmer - especially served alongside vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
- 6-7 pears
- 1 cup Pams Caster Sugar
- 2 cups Pams Self Raising Flour
- 2 tbsp Pams Cocoa Powder
- 70g packet Pams Walnut Pieces, roughly chopped
- 300mls Pams Cream
- 100g Pams Finest Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- Peel the pears and cut into wedges. Put into a saucepan with ¼ cup sugar and ¼ cup water. Cover and cook until tender, approx 10 minutes. Put into a baking dish (this can be done ahead if you prefer).
- Preheat the oven 190°C.
- For the cobbler topping, in a large bowl sift the flour and cocoa and add the remaining sugar and walnut pieces. Pour in the cream and mix together to a stiff dough and then add the chocolate. Shape the mix into balls and slightly flatten.
- Place the cobbler balls evenly over the pears and put into the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes until bubbling and the top is firm to touch.
- Allow to cool slightly for 5 minutes before serving.
Substitute apples in place of pears, or even use your favourite tinned fruit. You can also add frozen berries for extra tang!