Hokey pokey bites
Delightfully crunchy bite size pieces of homemade hokey pokey coated in melted dark chocolate. These honeycomb toffee bites take only 4 ingredients and 10 minutes to prepare and are a great gift to share with friends and whānau.
- 1 cup Pams caster sugar
- ½ cup golden syrup
- 1 Tbsp Pams baking soda
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- Combine the caster sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan, and place over medium heat.
- Cook while stirring with a rubber spatula until the sugar has dissolved. Increase to a medium to high heat and allow to boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring if needed to stop the mixture from burning.
- Remove from the heat, then whisk in the baking soda. Quickly but carefully transfer the hokey pokey mixture to a lined slice tin. Place a piece of greaseproof paper on top and flatten with a rubber spatula, leave to harden.
- Cover with baking paper and flatten with a utensil. Once the hokey pokey has set, use your hands to break it into pieces.
- Dip or drizzle with melted dark chocolate, then place onto a lined tray and set in the fridge for a few minutes. Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
Make sure to line your tin before making this moreish hokey pokey, as the mixture sets quickly!