Inca Fe’s Vanilla and Peanut Raw Cheesecake with Coffee Choc Sauce
Help make a difference to the lives of millions of farmers and workers when you bake, by choosing Fairtrade. Visit www.fairtrade.org.nz to find out more.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup soaked dates (pitted)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup peanuts
- 3 cups soaked cashew nuts
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla or 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tsp salt
- Choc Coffee Sauce:
- 2 espresso shots of IncaFe coffee (or 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
For the base:
1. Blend almonds and salt in a food processor until a fine powder consistency.
2. Add in coconut oil and blend further until sticky. Now add dates and blend until smooth.
3. Press into 22cm spring form pan, and sprinkle peanuts over base. Place in freezer to harden while making filling.
For the filling:
1. Blend all ingredients in your blender until a smooth, creamy consistency forms. If more water is needed, add now so that mixture is the consistency of a thick syrup.
2. Pour on top of your base and set in the freezer to set.
3. Leave to set for 6-8 hours. Once set, clip off the sides and leave for 30 minutes before serving.
For the sauce:
1. Warm your coconut so that it is soft/liquid. Pour in your agave syrup, and coffee shot. Stir until smooth.
2. Spoon in your raw cacao powder and stir until all lumps have been smoothed out.
3. Pour over your cake and serve. Enjoy!