Lemon and summer berry tart
Let the flavours of locally grown in-season berries shine in this beautiful tart! With a luscious lemony filling and vibrant summer berries this treat is one not to be missed. Serve with a dollop of cream or mascarpone for a truly decadent dessert that any guest will love.
- 1-2 sheets Pams Sweet Shortcrust Pastry, defrosted
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Pams Caster Sugar
- 3/4 cup Pams Cream
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Mixed fresh berries, to garnish
- Mascarpone or whipped cream, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200 ̊C. Grease a round or rectangular tart tin, then line the tin with pastry. Trim the edges, then prick the base with a fork and place into the freezer to chill for 15 minutes.
- Once chilled, lay a piece of baking paper into the shell, and fill with baking beans or rice. Blind bake for 20 minutes, then remove the beans and paper. Lightly brush with some of the beaten egg, then return to the oven and bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside.
- To make the filling, whisk together the beaten egg, sugar and cream, followed by the lemon zest and lemon juice. Carefully pour into the pastry shell, then return to the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the filling has set (should be just firm when wobbled).
- Leave the tart to cool to room temperature, then place into the fridge to chill completely; around 2-3 hours.
- To finish the tart, decorate the surface with berries of your choice, then serve and enjoy with mascarpone or whipped cream.