- 1 lemon
- 6 pears
- ¼ cup Pams Finest Maple Syrup
- 75g Pams Butter, cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp Pams Caster Sugar
- 3 tbsp Pams Plain Flour
- 3 tbsp Pams Ground Almonds
- Mascarpone to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Zest the lemon skin and set aside.
- If you wish, peel the pears (or leave unpeeled as we have done), halve them, and scoop out the core using a melon corer or teaspoon. Put into a baking dish, drizzle over the maple syrup and add the juice of the lemon and ½ cup water.
- Scatter 25g butter over the pears and put into the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- While the pears bake, make the crumble. Combine the sugar, flour, ground almonds and lemon zest in a bowl. Add the remaining 50g butter and rub together to form a clumpy crumble.
- Spoon the crumble on top of the partly cooked pears and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Spoon the pear crumble into bowls adding a little of the sauce from the pan. Add a dollop of mascarpone and serve.
Try using other nuts in the crumble, or substitute apples in place of pears for the fruit!