Mini chocolate lava cakes
The ultimate decadent and warming winter dessert, these chocolate lava cakes are the perfect mini portion that work as well for a quick kid-pleaser as they do a dinner party finale guaranteed to impress your guests! Be sure to serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or dollops of whipped cream.
- 170g Pams Finest Dark Chocolate.
- 6 Tbsp Pams Butter, plus extra for muffin tray.
- 4 Pams Free Range Eggs (2 full eggs & 2 egg yolks).
- 1 tsp Pams Vanilla Essence.
- 6 Tbsp Pams White Sugar, plus extra for muffin tray.
- ¼ cup Pams Flour.
- 1 Tbsp Pams Icing Sugar, to serve (optional).
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Prepare your standard-size muffin tray by generously greasing 6 of the muffin cups with butter and dust with sugar.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a large heat-proof bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Whisk occasionally until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Add the eggs, vanilla essence and sugar to a medium mixing bowl and whisk until thick, foamy and pale. Add the flour and whisk vigorously until fully combined.
- Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture and fold gently to combine.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups and bake in the oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 1 minute. Use a butter knife to gently loosen the cakes from the muffin tin. Place a flat chopping board over the muffin tray and, using oven mitts or a tea towel, carefully flip the muffin tray upside down. Gently lift the tin and the cakes will come out.
- Transfer the cakes to serving plates, dust with icing sugar and serve immediately!
Top tips: These lava cakes are deliberately undercooked to have a gorgeously gooey ‘lava’ centre but are just as delicious fully cooked!