Mini-Pavlovas with Lemon Cream and Grapes
View the method
- 4 large egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup lemon curd
- 1 1/2 cups halved California grapes
- Chopped smoked or tamari almonds (optional)
Back to ingredients
- Heat oven to 175 C. Line a baking sheet with parchment. With an electric mixer, beat egg whites and salt in large bowl on medium speed until firm peaks form. On low speed, add the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until the meringue forms stiff peaks. Whisk in the cornstarch and vanilla.
- Divide the meringue into six 10cm circles on the baking sheet. With a large spoon, make indentations in the middle of each. Place the baking sheet in the oven and lower the temperature to 150C. Bake 30 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the baking sheet in for another 30 minutes. To serve, whip the cream to soft peaks and stir in the lemon curd. Dollop onto the meringues and top with the grapes. Garnish with almonds, if desired.
Nutritional Information: Calories 487; Protein 23 g; Carbohydrate 69 g; Fat 13 g (24 % Calories from Fat); Sat Fat 3 g ( 6% Calories from Saturated Fat); Cholesterol 43 mg; Sodium 301 mg; Fiber 6 g.