- 300ml cream
- 1 Tbsp instant coffee
- 300g 50% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 50g caster sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- 150g Pams Pure Butter
- ⅔ cup Pams Plain Flour
- 3 eggs
- In a saucepan, combine the cream, instant coffee, 150g chocolate and caster sugar. Cook while stirring until the chocolate has melted, then transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- Preheat your oven 200°C fan bake, and combine ⅓ cup water, the milk and 80g of butter in a saucepan. Cook while stirring over medium heat until the butter has melted, then increase the heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the flour and mix well until a soft dough that comes away from the pan forms. Transfer to a bowl, then leave to cool for a few minutes before beating the eggs into the dough one at a time until the dough is glossy and drops from the spoon or spatula after a few seconds when lifted.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a wide round nozzle, or cut the tip to size. Pipe the mixture in a straight line on lined trays around 5cm long, leaving space between each. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and puffed.
- Make the glaze by melting the remaining chocolate and butter together until smooth. Slice the eclairs horizontally, then dip the top in glaze and leave to set. Beat the chilled cream filling until it reaches soft peaks, then spoon or pipe onto the éclair bases and top with a chocolate glazed lid.
Slightly more advanced.
Sprinkle lightly crushed coffee beans over these éclairs for the perfect caffeinated finish.