Nice Spice Rice
Creamy, dreamy rice pudding is the ultimate comfort food – this one adds a delicious dash of excitement.
- 4 cups Anchor Protein Plus Milk
- 1 cup sushi or arborio rice
- 3 tbsp honey or brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp five-spice powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon, plus extra to garnish
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 cup Anchor Vanilla Custard, to serve
- Combine all ingredients except custard in a medium pot. Bring to a simmer, stirring
- Cover and cook over low heat, stirring now and then, until the mixture is creamy and the rice is tender and cooked through (25 minutes). If it appears dry just add a little more milk.
- Stir in the custard, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve warm or cold.
To make Coconut Rice Balls make Nice Spice Rice without the custard, chill until firm, then
roll heaped tablespoons into balls with a teaspoon of Anchor Cream Cheese inside each. Roll
in toasted coconut. Store in the fridge for up to 2 days.