Orange curd cheesecake tarts
These delish orange curd tarts are made with orange juice from locally owned The Homegrown juice company. They are light, refreshing and perfect for your next afternoon tea.
View the method
- 3 egg yolks + 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup Homegrown Orange Juice
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 115g cold butter, cubed
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 12 pre made pastry cases
- Freeze dried raspberries to garnish, optional
Back to ingredients
- In a heatproof bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, whole egg, cornflour and caster sugar until light and creamy. Slowly stream in the orange juice into the egg mixture while whisking and stir until fully incorporated.
- Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water, then whisk continuously for 7-10 minutes or until the foam has disappeared and the mixture has thickened.
- Remove from the heat. While whisking, add the cubed butter one piece at a time, ensuring the piece is completely incorporated before adding another. Repeat until all the butter is incorporated.
- Strain through a sieve into a bowl and place into the fridge to cool.
- Place the cream cheese in a mixing bowl, and beat with a whisk until smooth and fluffy. Add 1 cup of orange curd, and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture evenly amongst the pastry cases. Top with extra orange curd, the garnish with freeze dried raspberries before serving. Refrigerate any remaining orange curd in an airtight container for up to 5 days.