Oxfam’s rocky road slice
Help make a difference to the lives of millions of farmers and workers when you bake, by choosing Fairtrade. Visit www.fairtrade.org.nz to find out more.
- 125g butter
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 ½ tbsp cocoa
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- ½ cup castor sugar
- ⅓ cup flaked almonds
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups sweet biscuit crumbs
- 1 cup glazed cherries halved
- 400g Whittaker's Fairtrade creamy milk chocolate chopped
- 100g pink marshmallows roughly chopped
- 200g white marshmallows roughly chopped
1. Prepare a 19cm x 29cm lamington pan by greasing it.
2. In a saucepan combine butter, cocoa and sugar stirring constantly over heat without boiling until sugar is dissolved and then transfer it to a large bowl.
3. Stir in egg, coconut, walnuts and biscuits then press mixture evenly over the base of the pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
4. Melt half the chocolate over hot water then remove from heat and stir in the marshmallows and almonds and spread over base and sprinkle with cherries. Melt the remaining chocolate over hot water and drizzle over cherries and refrigerate until set before cutting.