Peach and blueberry cobbler
Comforting and wholesome, this fruity dessert ticks all of the right boxes! Using tinned and frozen fruit, this American inspired pudding can be enjoyed all year round accompanied by luscious ice cream or custard.
- 15g + 200g butter
- 2x 410g tinned peach slices in juice, drained
- ¼ cup + ¾ cup brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup boiling water
- Custard or ice cream, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius fan bake. Grease a baking dish or skillet with 15g of butter.
- In a bowl, combine the tinned peach slices, ¼ cup brown sugar and lemon juice. Toss to combine, then transfer to the baking dish. Scatter over the frozen blueberries.
- To make the cobbler topping, place the remaining butter, ¾ cup brown sugar, ½ cup caster sugar, plain flour, baking powder and ground cinnamon into a food processor. Pulse until the mixture reaches a sandy consistency. Alternatively, place all ingredients into a mixing bowl, and use your hands to rub the butter into the dry ingredients.
- Add the vanilla and boiling water, and mix until a soft dough forms. Place pieces of the dough over the fruit, leaving some fruit exposed in places.
- Sprinkle the remaining caster sugar over the cobbler topping, then place into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with custard or ice cream, if desired.