Peppermint bliss ball slice
Peppermint slice is a Kiwi go-to for baking, and our healthy take on the classic uses a delicious bliss ball style mixture as inspiration. Layered with a raw coconut peppermint filling and creamy dark chocolate; this vegan sweet treat is the perfect way to tackle that 3pm sugar craving!
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup + 2 cups desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup ground almonds
- 100g pitted dates
- 3 Tbsp cocoa
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 ½ tsp peppermint essence or extract
- 250g dark chocolate, melted
- In a food processor, combine the rolled oats, ¾ cup desiccated coconut, ground almonds, dates, cocoa powder, ¼ cup melted coconut oil and a pinch of salt. Pulse until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Transfer the mixture to the base of a lined slice tin, and use a spoon to firmly press the mixture evenly across the base. Place into the refrigerator while preparing the filling.
- In a clean food processor, combine the remaining desiccated coconut, maple syrup, coconut cream and peppermint essence. Blend until smooth, then spread the mixture evenly across the slice base and return to the fridge for an hour to set.
- To prepare the topping, simply stir together the melted dark chocolate and remaining coconut oil until fully combined. Pour over the set peppermint slice, then use a spoon to spread evenly over the slice. Tap lightly on a work surface until the topping smooths.
- Return to the fridge to set for a final hour, then remove from the tin and slice into portions. Serve and enjoy, or keep stored in the fridge for up to 10 days.