Philadelphia Cream Cheese gingerbread cheesecake
The jingle bells are ringing, and this gingerbread cheesecake is the perfect festive dessert; all thanks to Philadelphia Cream Cheese! Served drizzled with caramel sauce, this is a true Christmas delight.
- Cream Cheese
- 300g ginger biscuits
- 150g butter
- 3x 250g pack Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese block, room temperature
- 300g sour cream, room temperature
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp mixed spice
- Pinch of salt
- Caramel sauce, whipped cream and mini gingerbread men, to serve (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 150 degrees celsius fan bake. In a food processor, blend the biscuits until they reach a fine, sandy consistency. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Melt 150g of butter, then pour into the crushed biscuits. Stir well to combine, then press into the base and sides of a lined 20cm springform cake tin. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make the cheesecake filling, place the Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese, sour cream, vanilla extract, caster sugar and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Using a whisk or electric beater, mix until smooth and fluffy.
- One at a time, whisk the eggs into the cream cheese mixture until fully incorporated. Finally, add the ground ginger, cinnamon, mixed spice and a pinch of salt, then whisk to combine.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the chilled biscuit base. Place onto a tray and bake in the oven for 60-75 minutes or until just set in the centre. Leave to cool until the cheesecake is cool enough to handle, then place into the fridge to set completely for a minimum of 4 hours.
- To serve the cheesecake, pipe whipped cream around the border of the cheesecake. Nestle gingerbread men amongst the cream, then slice and drizzle with caramel sauce. Serve immediately and enjoy.