Bread and butter pudding with choc chunks
An economical way of using up leftover bread from cut lunches while giving Dad (and the rest of the family) a special treat.
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 75 grams butter, softened
- 50 grams dark chocolate, chopped roughly
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2½ cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Butter the bread on both sides and arrange in a baking dish.
- Scatter over the chocolate.
- Beat together the eggs, sugar and milk. Pour over the bread, pressing a little to get it to absorb. If you have 20 minutes to let the pudding sit before cooking, do that now. Otherwise cook straight away.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until custard is just set.
Serve with pouring cream, lightly dusted with cocoa, if wished.