Rhubarb and custard crumbles
Rhubarb and custard is a classic combination, and the two come together in these beautiful mini crumbles to make a truly spectacular dessert. Using pre-made Pams Finest custard and only five other ingredients, they are ideal for entertaining in the cooler months.
- 600g fresh rhubarb, 2cm dice
- 2 Tbsp + ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 500g Pams Finest vanilla bean custard
- ½ cup Pams plain flour
- 70g Pams ground almonds
- 70g Pams sliced almonds
- 75g chilled Pams pure butter, diced
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius fan bake. In a bowl, mix together the diced rhubarb and 2 Tbsp caster sugar, and leave to sit for 10 minutes.
- Divide the rhubarb evenly amongst 6-8 greased ovenproof ramekins. Next evenly divide the vanilla custard amongst the ramekins, then set aside.
- To make the crumble topping, place the remaining sugar, flour, almonds and chilled butter into a food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, then remove the blade and use your hands to bring the mixture together.
- Place the ramekins onto a baking tray, then sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the crumble topping is golden and the filling is bubbling.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before serving, then enjoy while hot.
Skill level: Easy
Serve these scrumptious crumbles with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or a dollop of creamy Greek-style yoghurt.