Salted caramel banana split
The humble banana split gets a modern makeover with this salted caramel twist! Sweet, salty, crunchy and a hint of luxury, this dessert recipe will impress anyone with a sweet tooth.
View the method
- 2 bananas, sliced lengthways in their skin
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Salted caramel ice cream
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- 25g dark chocolate, melted
- Sea salt, to finish
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees celsius. Lay the sliced bananas on a baking tray, cut side up, and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar.
- Place under the grill for 3-5 minutes, or until caramelised. Remove from the oven and leave to set.
- Set a pan over a medium heat, then slightly toast the peanuts. Add the maple, then caramelise for a couple of minutes or until the maple has reduced and become sticky. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Arrange the cooked bananas on a plate. Add the scooped ice cream, then spoon over the caramel sauce and drizzle with chocolate.
- Sprinkle over the caramelised peanuts and finish with a pinch of sea salt.