Saucy chocolate slow cooker pudding
This chocolate pud makes for a great dinner party dessert – simply prep as you make dinner and let it gently cook unattended while you enjoy the main course! The other bonus of a slow cooker pudding means the oven can be used for other dishes.
- Slow Cooker
- 2 cups Pams or Value Milk
- 2 large Pams Free Range Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Pams Vanilla Essence
- 3 drops Pams Finest Ginger Spice Extract Drops
- 2 ¾ cups Pams Self Raising Flour
- 125g Pams Butter, melted
- ½ cup Pams Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Pams White Sugar
- ½ cup Pams Finest Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup Pams Soft Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Pams Cocoa Powder
- Pams cream, to serve
- In a bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla and spice drops.
- In a separate mixing bowl sift together the flour, cocoa and white sugar.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour the milk mixture into the flour along with the melted butter and chocolate chunks. Mix until well combined.
- Using a piece of kitchen paper dipped into the melted butter, wipe the base and sides of the slow cooker bowl and set the heat function to high.
- Spoon the batter into the slow cooker, smoothing over the surface to give an even layer.
- Mix together the boiling water, brown sugar and cocoa. Gently pour the liquid evenly over the pudding batter.
- Cover and cook for 2 hours until the pudding feels firm.
- Serve with softy whipped Pams Cream and/or ice cream.