- 5 egg whites
- 285g Pams Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp + 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 500g strawberries
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp Pams Icing Sugar
- Pulp of 3 passionfruit or passionfruit pulp
- 300ml Pams Cream
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Mint leaves to garnish, optional
- Preheat your oven to 120°C fan bake. In a large, clean bowl, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks using an electric beater or stand mixer.
- While the beater is still running, add 1tsp vanilla and slowly stream the caster sugar into the egg whites, and mix until the egg whites are thick, glossy, and there are no sugar granules present.
- Onto two lined baking trays, spread 4 thin rounds of meringue mixture. Place into the oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until dried and crisp. Turn the oven off and leave to rest for an hour, then transfer into an airtight container until needed.
- To make the strawberry sauce, combine half of the strawberries in a blender or food processor with the lemon juice and 1 Tbsp of icing sugar. Blend until smooth, then strain through a sieve and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the cream with the remaining vanilla and icing sugar until it reaches soft peaks, ensuring not to over whip. Fold half of the strawberry sauce gently through the whipped cream, then dice the remaining strawberries.
- Assemble the stack by spreading some of the cream across the base of one of the meringue discs. Sprinkle over some of the diced strawberries, then top with some passionfruit pulp.
- Repeat the previous step with the remaining meringue discs, then garnish the top with strawberries, passionfruit, sliced almonds and mint leaves if desired.