Summer berry pudding
This classic French, custard-like dessert is oh so summery and our beautiful fresh in-season berries are the true star of the show! This easy to make dessert is heavenly and tastes best served fresh from the oven with a decadent dollop of vanilla ice cream.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup plain flour
- 30g butter, melted
- 500g fresh berries of your choice, cut if needed
- 100g white chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar, to dust
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius fan bake. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, caster sugar, vanilla and lemon zest until fully incorporated. Add the flour, and whisk until smooth.
- While stirring, add the butter and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- In a greased skillet or baking dish, scatter the berries evenly over the base. Follow with the white chocolate chunks, then gently pour the batter over the top.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden in colour and puffed.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon over the surface, then dust with icing sugar and serve immediately with vanilla ice cream.