- 1 T Corn flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 size 6 egg yolks
- 4 cups milk or 100g milk powder and 4 cups of water
- Chocolate (optional)
- Cream (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan mix the sugar and corn flour with a whisk.
- In a bowl beat egg yolks. Mix in the milk or milk powder. If using milk powder use 1 or 2 cups cold water first and the rest hot water.
- Slowly add the milk to the sugar, mixing constantly.
- On a medium heat mix constantly. Once it comes to a boil continue heating for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and put the bottom of the pot into cold water for a few minutes.
- Pour custard into ramekins or serving dish.
- Put plastic wrap on the top of the custard, trying to have as little air as possible. This prevents a skin from forming.
- Put in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Optional suggestion is to melt 50 g chocolate with a splash of cream alternatively whip the cream. Put chocolate or cream on top of custard top with berries and serve.