Thai inspired dessert
"First learnt this dish at Thai cooking night classes. I have modified it to add more flavour and a great presentation. It is great to eat as a summer dessert with a real difference."
View the method
- 1/3 cup blue milk
- 2/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 1/2 gelatin sheets
- 1 can water chestnuts
- Red Thai sala syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Tapioca flour
- Fresh pineapple
Back to ingredients
- Heat and dissolve the caster sugar in the milk and coconut cream.
- Dissolve the gelatin sheets in cold water, squeeze water out and then dissolve into the milk, cream, sugar mixture.
- Spray ramecans with oil and fill with mixture, place in freezer for an hour.
- Rinse and cut chestnuts into small pieces and soak in sala syrup for 10 minutes.
- Heat and dissole sugar and water to make syrup and place in fridge to cool.
- Bring suacepan of water to the boil.
- Drain chestnuts and roll in tapioca flour.
- Drop into boiling water and cook until floating, around 2 minutes.
- Remove and place into sugar syrup to cool.
- Place the pana cotta in the middle of the dish, spoon sugar syrup and water chestnuts around the pana cotta and add shredded pineapple on top of the pana cotta to garnish.