Tropical smash ambrosia
With bright flavours bursting with coconut, pineapple and mango, this tropical dessert makes a perfect end to a summer’s day. The yoghurt base keeps it light and refreshing, too.
- 3 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 175ml Anchor Cream
- 500g Piako Coconut Yoghurt
- 3 slices fresh pineapple, cut into small wedges
- ½ packet gingernut biscuits, roughly crushed
- 2 medium ripe mangoes, cut into cubes
1. To toast the coconut, heat a frying on a low-medium heat and add the coconut, stirring frequently until golden brown. Remove from the heat and cool.
2. Beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
3. Gently fold in the yoghurt and mango, reserving enough mango to top each glass. Gently fold until combined.
4. To assemble, place a layer of crushed gingernuts in 4 medium-to-large serving glasses, reserving enough to garnish.
5. Add a layer of the mango and coconut yoghurt, followed by fresh pineapple.
6. Add another layer of mango and coconut yoghurt.
7. Top with fresh mango. And sprinkle with crushed gingernuts and coconut.
TIP: Try dialling up the tropical factor with fresh passionfruit pulp. If you’re not a fan of ginger, replace the biscuits with crushed meringue.