- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 2 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp soft brown sugar
- 3-4 cups milk of your choice, heated
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Nuts or coconut shavings, to garnish
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt the butter over a medium heat. Once melted, add the rice and cook while stirring for 3-5 minutes to toast the rice.
- Reduce to a low medium heat. Add the vanilla and 2 Tbsp brown sugar to the rice and stir to combine. Gradually add the milk a ladle at a time, stirring until completely absorbed before adding another ladle full. Repeat until the rice is tender and the pudding is creamy, using as much liquid as needed.
- Once the rice pudding has cooked, briefly set aside to cool. Place the frozen berries, remaining brown sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan and set over a medium heat. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until a saucy consistency is achieved. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve the berries over the top of the warm rice pudding and garnish before serving. Keep stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.