- Pancake mix of your choice
- 6 hot cross buns of your choice
- Whipped cream
- Kiwifruit, berries or any fresh seasonal fruit
- Mini Easter egg chocolates
- Pams Chocolate Mini Eclairs or Cream Puffs
- Preheat your oven to 200°C fan grill. Cut the hot cross buns and lay on a baking tray. Toast until golden brown then set aside.
- Place a nonstick frying pan over medium heat with a knob of butter. Once the butter has melted, cook the pancakes to your desired size.
- To assemble the platter, start by placing the hot cross buns and pancakes. Place whipped cream, butter and jam into small bowls, then set onto the board.
- Fill the gaps with chopped seasonal fruit, mini easter eggs and eclairs or cream puffs, then serve and enjoy or keep chilled until required!
Make different sized pancakes and use them along with cream and sliced fruit to create little Easter bunny faces or bunny-bums! The cutest addition to this delicious Easter weekend platter.
- Create little pancake bunny-bums or faces by cooking larger round pancakes, as well as half size rounds.
- To create a face, place two smaller pancakes in the bottom middle of the large pancake. Slice a banana in half through the middle and then horizontally to use for ears, then use fruit to create eyes and whiskers.
- For a bunny- bum, place two small pancakes at the base of a large pancake, then decorate with cream and fruit to create a tail and feet!
Check out our variety pancake recipes if you’d prefer to make beautiful pancakes from scratch!