- 6 hot cross buns from New World’s bakery
- 25g spreadable butter
- 75g chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1Tbsp. caster sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Cut the hot cross buns in half and butter each cut side. Sprinkle with half of the chocolate chips.
- Sandwich the buns back together and place evenly in a baking dish.
- Beat the milk, eggs and sugar together. Pour this mixture over the buns.
- Scatter with the remaining chocolate chips and bake for 30-35 minutes or until just set.
- Serve hot with some cream or vanilla ice cream.