Edmonds Hot Cross Bun Cupcakes
A fun cupcake twist on the traditional hot cross bun favourite.
View the method
- 1 Pack Edmonds Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 60g (4 Tbsp) margarine spread or soft butter
- 2 eggs (size 6)
- 125ml (½ cup) milk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ⅓ cup currants
- 100g cream cheese, softened
- 40g soft butter
- 1 sachet Edmonds Vanilla frosting mix (in pack)
- 1 tsp honey, warmed
Back to ingredients
- Prepare cupcakes as per packet directions, adding all the spices to the mixture before blending.
- Fold in currants and bake as directed. Let cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat softened cream cheese in a small bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in soft butter until well combined.
- Beat in frosting mix until whipped and smooth, about 1 minute on high speed.
- Warm honey in the microwave until very fluid. Brush over cooled cupcakes and let stand 10 minutes.
- Fill a piping bag with frosting and pipe a cross over each cupcake. Dust with icing sugar and serve.