Apple and berry crumble cups
This is a good one for all the berry lovers out there. It's a dessert you can make as a gift for your family one evening!
- 4 or 5 apples
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs water
- 1/2 cup blueberries or raspberries
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup raw or brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 100g cubed or grated butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Peel and slice the apples.
3. Heat a plan and add the sliced apples, 2 tablespoons of honey, the juice of a lemon and 2 tablespoons of water. Cook gently for a few minutes, until the apple is softenened, stirring occasionally.
4. Cool then add the 1/2 cup blueberries or raspberries
5. Divide the mixture out evenly in to oven proof cups.
6. In a large bowl mix together the 1 cup of flour, 1/4 cup of raw or brown sugar, 1/2 tsp ground ginger and 100g cubed or grated butter.
7. Rub the ingredients together with your fingertips until it looks like breadcrumbs.
8. Add a 1/4 cup of flaked almonds (optional) and then sprinkle the crumble over the fruit.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes until bubbling and golden.
Serve to your family on dessert night as a treat!