Get crafty in the kitchen with a delicious French snack idea for your lunchbox
- 2 cups coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate
- 1/4 cup cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Mix together the 2 cups of coconut and 1/4 cup of sugar (you can use coconut sugar if you prefer).
3. Whisk the 2 egg whites until frothy.
4. Add the egg whites to the coconut mix and stir until combined.
5. Scoop spoonfuls and place on a lined baking sheet (try keeping them the same size).
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly coloured and firm.
7. And as an optional extra, you can melt together 1/2 cup chocolate and 1/4 cup cream and then cool until spreadable then sandwich 2 macaroons together.
Bon appetit! Now you can show your friends what you made! But remember, they're a sweet treat, so it should only be a sometimes snack.