- 1 onion
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 carrot
- Handful of spinach
- 400g can tomatoes
- Some water
- 2 tbs oil
- Salt, pepper, sugar
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- Large handful spaghetti or fettucine (broken)
- Grated cheese to top
- Chopped parsley
- Finely chop the onion.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and slowly cook onions, carrots and celery till soft and pale.
- Add the 400g can of tomatoes, 1 can of water, 2 tablespoons of tomato paste and spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Add a large handful of spaghetti or fettuccine broken into short lengths.
- Cook stirring occasionally until the spaghetti is soft - 10-12 minutes.
- Serve topped with grated cheese and chopped parsley or basil.