Peanut Noodle Salad
Here's a recipe you'll love, it's a delicious salad you can make ahead of time to take to school or even have in the fridge for an after-school snack to eat while you watch Fanimals.
- 150g rice noodles
- 1/3 cup of unsalted crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbs grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tbs of sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup of coriander
- And 3/4 cup of your favourite vegetables - we love using carrots, red cabbage and red capsicum.
1. For the dressing, combine the peanut butter, ginger, garlic, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce in a bowl and stir well (or you could put them in a jar with a lid and shake them together until they're mixed).
2. Cook the rice noodles in boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until tender (you can always ask mum or dad to help you with this).
3. Drain the noodles and pop them into some cold water (so they stop cooking). Then drain the noodles again and put them aside.
4. Now for the vegetables. Chop them up and stir-fry them gently in a pan.
5. Let the cooked veges cool down, then toss them in with the noodles, and top it off with your dressing.