Peanut noodle salad
Here's a recipe you'll love, it's a delicious salad you can make ahead of time to take to school or even have in the fridge for an after-school snack to eat while you watch Fanimals.
- 150g rice noodles
- 1/3 cup of unsalted crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbs grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tbs of sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup of coriander
- And 3/4 cup of your favourite vegetables - we love using carrots, red cabbage and red capsicum.
- For the dressing, combine the peanut butter, ginger, garlic, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce in a bowl and stir well (or you could put them in a jar with a lid and shake them together until they're mixed).
- Cook the rice noodles in boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until tender (you can always ask mum or dad to help you with this).
- Drain the noodles and pop them into some cold water (so they stop cooking). Then drain the noodles again and put them aside.
- Now for the vegetables. Chop them up and stir-fry them gently in a pan.
- Let the cooked veges cool down, then toss them in with the noodles, and top it off with your dressing.