Stir Fry Noodle Birds Nest
Here's a yummy and healthy family dinner idea
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil (or other oil)
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 or 2 chopped spring onions
- Other options peas, corn, red capsicum, herbs
- 1 packet egg noodles (you can use any noodles, but these are my favourite)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp fresh ginger
- Pinch chilli flakes (if you like it)
1. Mix together your water, corn flour, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil.
2. Prepare and carefully chop up your broccoli, carrot, courgette and spring onions.
3. Cook a packet of your favourite noodles in boiling water until soft, then drain them - we like using udon noodles
4. In a separate bowl, chop the garlic, ginger and red pepper or chilli flakes into fine pieces. Mum or dad could help with this part if you want.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and cook the garlic, ginger and chilli mix for just 10 seconds.
6. Add the vegetables and cook on high for 2 minutes, stirring often.
7. Add 2 tablespoons water and cook for 2 more minutes.
8. Pour in your sauce and stir until it thickens.
9. Use a fork to arrange your noodles on your plate like a bird's nest, leaving a hole in the middle.
10. Place the stir-fry mix in the middle. Now it looks JUST like a birds nest! Delicious!