- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil (or other oil)
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 or 2 chopped spring onions
- Other options peas, corn, red capsicum, herbs
- 1 packet egg noodles (you can use any noodles, but these are my favourite)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp fresh ginger
- Pinch chilli flakes (if you like it)
- Mix together your water, corn flour, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil.
- Prepare and carefully chop up your broccoli, carrot, courgette and spring onions.
- Cook a packet of your favourite noodles in boiling water until soft, then drain them - we like using udon noodles
- In a separate bowl, chop the garlic, ginger and red pepper or chilli flakes into fine pieces. Mum or dad could help with this part if you want.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and cook the garlic, ginger and chilli mix for just 10 seconds.
- Add the vegetables and cook on high for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add 2 tablespoons water and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Pour in your sauce and stir until it thickens.
- Use a fork to arrange your noodles on your plate like a bird's nest, leaving a hole in the middle.
- Place the stir-fry mix in the middle. Now it looks JUST like a birds nest! Delicious!