- 500g firm flesh white fish
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 400ml pale ale
- Rice bran or vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup store bought mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp malt vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Cooked fries, to serve
- Bach Brewing JUICY AF
- Epic Hopshine Pale Ale
- Epic Shotgun XPA
- Good George APA
- Parrotdog Falcon
- Sunshine Brewing Summer Ale
- Cut the fish into bite sized pieces. In a bowl, make the beer batter by sifting the flour into a bowl and seasoning with salt and pepper. Whisk the dry mixture while streaming in the pale ale, ensuring not to overmix.
- Bring a pot half filled with oil or deep fryer filled to a suitable frying temperature. Dip each fish piece into the beer batter and coat well, then transfer into the oil and fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through/opaque. Drain on a rack or paper towel and season with salt.
- To make the salt and vinegar mayonnaise, combine the mayonnaise, malt vinegar, ¼ tsp salt and parsley. Add more salt if desired/to taste, then serve alongside cooked fries and the beer battered fish bites.