Creamy blue cod pie
"I like cooking this recipe for my family because it is simple, quick and easy. It is flavourful and is always well enjoyed."
- 2 fillets fresh Blue Cod - roughly chopped
- 2 fillets smoked Blue Cod -roughly chopped
- 100g frozen cooked shrimps
- 1 medium Onion - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - roughly chopped
- 2-4 leaves fresh Silverbeet - finely chopped
- 5 medium Potatoes
- 25g Butter
- 250g Creme Fraiche
- Milk & butter for mashing
- Extra butter
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Peel and cook potatoes until tender and ready for mashing (approx 25 - 30 mins).
- Melt butter in large frying pan and saute onion and garlic.
- Add fresh Blue Cod and cook over medium heat until cooked through (approx 5 mins).
- Add smoked Blue Cod and frozen Shrimps and cook a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in Creme Fraiche, then Silverbeet and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Transfer Blue Cod mixture into ovenproof dish and top with mashed potatoes, brushing the top of the potato mixture with the extra butter.
- Bake in pre heated oven for 10 minutes, switching to Grill until top is golden brown.
- Serve with crisp garden side salad and crusty garlic bread.