"This is my own version of a Korean recipe. I first ate bibimbap when I was living in Korea. I loved this dish and ate a lot of it! It is cheap, delicious and healthy."
- 1/2 cup short grain rice (white or brown)
- 1 handful of bean sprouts
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 small can of plain tuna, drained
- 1/2 carrot
- 4 thin cucumber slices
- 1/2 sheet dried seaweed
- 3 large cos lettuce leaves
- Gochujang , Korean red pepper paste
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (toasted)
- Gochujang is spicy and should be added in small amounts.
- Cook the rice using a rice cooker or a pot, as directed on the back of the packet.
- While the rice is cooking, boil a small pot of water. Add the bean sprouts and a generous pinch of salt. Boil for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Grate the carrot, cut the cucumber slices and the seaweed into thin strips and chop the lettuce roughly. Set aside in separate piles.
- When the rice is cooked, mix in the sesame oil and soy sauce and put it into a large serving bowl.
- Put the tuna in the centre of the rice and display the bean sprouts, carrot, cucumber, seaweed and lettuce around it.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with red pepper paste.
- Last of all, mix it up and eat it.