Macadamia and coconut crumbed fish
The macadamia and coconut crust on this fish fillet adds a delicious and nourishing twist!
Tip: we recommend oven baking the fish to keep the coating intact and to prevent it from burning.
View the method
- 70g Pams Macadamia Nut Pieces, chopped
- 3/4 cup Pams Thread Coconut
- 3/4 cup Pams Panko Breadcrumbs
- 4 white fish fillets e.g. terakihi, snapper
- ½ cup Pams Flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1-2 eggs, lightly whisked (we recommend Pams Free Range)
- 1 tablespoon Pams Pure Olive Oil
For the salad
- 2 handfuls Pams Mesclun Salad
- ½ Pams Avocado, chopped
- 2 Pams Spring Onions, sliced
- ½ red capsicum, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Pams Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Pams Cider Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Pams Wholegrain Mustard
Back to ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine the macadamia nuts, coconut and panko breadcrumbs together in a wide shallow bowl.
- Place the flour in a similar bowl and the same with the egg.
- Dip each fish fillet into the flour, then egg and coat with the crumb mixture, pressing to get good coverage. Arrange the fish in a single layer on a baking paper lined tray. Chill for 15 minutes (or more if you can).
- While the fish is chilling toss the mesclun with the cherry tomatoes, avocado and spring onion in a small bowl.
- Whisk together the olive oil, cider vinegar and mustard. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the fish with the 1 tablespoon olive oil and bake for 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden and the fish cooked through.
Toss the salad with the dressing and distribute amongst 4 plates. Top with a piece of fish and serve at once.