Malaysian coconut fish and noodles
Coconut and fish are a timeless, delicious combination and this dinner that is made in less than 30 minutes is one of my weeknight favourites.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons laksa paste
- 1 x 400-gram can coconut cream
- 450 grams white fish fillets, chopped into 5cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 heaped cup mung-bean sprouts
- 125 grams vermicelli noodles, cooked to packet directions
- 1 cup basil and/or coriander leaves to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently cook the laksa paste for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
2. Pour in the coconut cream and 1 cup of water and bring almost to the boil.
3. Add the fish, fish sauce and lemon juice and simmer for 5 minutes until the fish is just cooked.
4. Sprinkle over the bean sprouts and gently mix together.
5. Distribute the noodles between 4 bowls and ladle over the fish and broth. Sprinkle with the basil and coriander leaves and serve with steamed Jasmine rice.