Coconut raw fish
Fragrant, fresh and so easy to prepare this coconut raw fish is a total showstopper. With a bit of magic the juice of the lemon will essentially cook your fish, making this dish a real time saver. You can use any white fish for this meal, tarakihi, snapper, gurnard or even tuna will work a charm.
- 500g firm white fish
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ green capsicum, diced small
- 1 truss tomato, deseeded and diced
- ¼ telegraph cucumber, diced small
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup coconut cream
- Dice the fish into 2cm diced pieces, and place into a bowl. Pour the lemon juice over the fish, then stir and cover. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add the diced capsicum, tomato, cucumber, red onion and coconut cream to the fish. Stir gently to combine, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve while chilled, or keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.