Crumbed fish with chips and pea salad
Fish, chips and peas — it’s a very pleasing combo that looks lovely on the plate.
View the method
- 1 kg Pams straight cut fries
- 1 cup Peas, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup Edamame beans, frozen ones
- 12 Snowpeas, chopped
- 1 handful Snowpea shoots, optional, chopped
- ¼ cup Chopped herbs, we used mint, chives and dill
- ½ cup Plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 Beaten egg
- 1 cup Pams breadcrumbs
- 4 White-fleshed fish fillets
- ¼ cup Oil
- 3 Lemons, you will need the zest of ½ lemon, 3 Tbsp juice, plus wedges for serving
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove Garlic, a small one, crushed
Back to ingredients
- Place the fries in the oven to cook according to packet instructions.
- Boil peas and edamame for 1 minute, then refresh in cold water, drain and dry off. Add to a bowl with snow peas, snow pea shoots and mixed herbs. Set aside.
- Lay out 3 shallow bowls: 1 with flour, 1 with beaten egg and 1 with breadcrumbs. Dip the fish in to flour, followed by egg then breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Fry the fish 2-3 minutes each side until golden.
- Mix lemon zest, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and garlic. Add salt to taste. Toss through the pea salad to serve. Accompany with lemon wedges.