- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 whole fresh chilli or 1 tsp of ground up chilli
- A handful of coriander
- 2-3 tsp of curry paste (I use green most often)
- 400g white fish (I use red cod most often but whatever is on special will do)
- 2 Tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 can of light evaporated milk or light coconut milk
- 250g of vermicelli
- 2 cubes of chicken stock
- 3-4 cups of hot water
- 1-2 carrots
- 1 cup beans (can be frozen)
- cooking spray or oil
- In a stock pot heat oil or spray.
- Add diced onion, crushed garlic and chilli.
- Once slightly brown add curry paste, till fragrant.
- Add the can of evaporated milk and heat through.
- Combine chicken stock cubes with water (boiling) and add to the pot.
- Add fish sauce and turn up heat.
- Cut up carrots into matchsticks and set aside.
- Cut up fish into smallish cubes 2cmx2cm aprox.
- Add fish when boiling and cook for around 2 mins.
- Add beans, carrots,vermicelli and lastly chopped coriander.
- Reduce heat and check the vermicelli is cooked (it should to clear).
- Serve in bowls topped with a little extra coriander.