Grilled Ginger Salmon Rice Bowl with Grapes
This is a heart-smart recipe. This recipe supports a healthy brain and colon.
- 4 boneless salmon fillets (85g each), skin on
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups mixed green and red California grapes, halved
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Reduced-sodium soy sauce (optional)
- Heat a grill to high and oil the grates. Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the rice vinegar, ginger, honey and olive oil and bring to a simmer over high heat. Stir in the grapes and scallions, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside off the heat.
- Grill the salmon skin side up for 5-6 minutes. Turn and grill another 2-3 minutes or until salmon reaches desired doneness.
- Divide the rice among four bowls and top with the cabbage and salmon. Spoon the grape mixture over top and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with soy sauce, if desired.
Nutritional Information: Calories 487; Protein 23 g; Carbohydrate 69 g; Fat 13 g (24 % Calories from Fat); Sat Fat 3 g ( 6% Calories from Saturated Fat); Cholesterol 43 mg; Sodium 301 mg; Fiber 6 g.