Gurnard with couscous
Couscous with softened onion and pumpkin seeds, pan-fried fish and a sprinkling of mint; a simple but flavoursome meal for a busy time of year.
View the method
- 400 ml Vegetable stock
- 300 g Pams Finest Moroccan Couscous, 1 packet
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 medium Red onion, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp Pumpkin seeds, roughly chopped
- 4 Gurnard fillets, boned
- 1 small handful Mint leaves, shredded
Back to ingredients
- Heat the chicken stock in a saucepan until boiling. Place the Pams Finest Moroccan Couscous in a heatproof bowl, then pour over the hot vegetable stock. Cover with a plate and set aside for the couscous to swell, about 5 minutes.
- Place 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small frying pan with the red onion over low heat. Cook until the onion softens, 5-7 minutes. Add the pumpkin seeds to the onion.
- Place the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the gurnard fillets and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, until the flesh is nearly cooked. Remember fish keeps on cooking after it is removed from the heat.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork, then fork through the onion and pumpkin seeds. Season to taste, then fork through the shredded mint.
- Serve the gurnard fillets with couscous, drizzled with a little extra olive oil and a green salad.