Lemon and chilli salmon spaghetti
Everybody loves a quick and delicious homemade pasta dish, and this lemon and chilli salmon spaghetti is no exception! Packed full of flavour and paired with perfectly cooked salmon, this dish is bound to impress. Serve with grated parmesan on top for a truly delectable dinner.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 300g skin-on salmon fillets
- 400g dried spaghetti (or pasta of your choice)
- 20g Pams butter
- ½ brown onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley or basil
- Parmesan to serve, if desired
- Bring a heavy based saucepan to a medium high heat with a generous drizzle of olive oil. Season the salmon fillets on each side with salt and pepper, then pan fry for 3-4 minutes on each side. Set aside on a plate.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti as per pack instruction. Once cooked, drain and reserve ½ cup of cooking liquid.
- While the pasta is cooking, return the pan used for the salmon to a medium to low heat, then add the butter and stir to melt. Add the onion, and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the onion begins to soften.
- Once the onion has softened, add the garlic and chilli. Stir while cooking for 2-3 minutes or until the garlic has softened, then add the lemon zest, juice, and reserved pasta water to the pan. Stir for 30 seconds while the water reduces, then add the spaghetti and toss to coat.
- Flake the salmon fillets into the spaghetti, then add the freshly chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper, then gently toss to coat. Serve immediately, and garnish with freshly grated parmesan if desired.
TOP TIP: If you’re looking for a lower cost alternative, replace fresh salmon fillets with drained tinned salmon. Simply flake the tinned salmon into the pasta at the same stage and serve!