One pot smoked fish and leek rice
Looking for a recipe you can have on the table in under 30 minutes? This one pot smoked fish and leek rice is a simple dish with plenty of substance flavour! Don’t have any smoked fish available? Replace with cooked chicken or prawns for a little twist.
- Pams 100% Pure Olive Oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp mustard seeds
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup Pams frozen garden peas
- 200g smoked fish, flaked
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup fresh parsley or coriander, roughly chopped
- 4 boiled eggs
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- In a large pot or pan, bring a drizzle of olive oil to a medium heat. Add the leek and garlic, and cook while stirring for 3-4 minutes or until the leek has softened.
- Once the leek has softened, add the curry powder and mustard seeds and cook while stirring for a minute before adding the rice and frozen peas. Stir and cook until the rice has heated through and the peas are tender, around 4-5 minutes.
- Carefully add the flaked fish and lemon juice, then fold through until just combined. Sprinkle the chopped coriander over the rice, then halve the boiled eggs and nestle them into the rice.
- Garnish with fresh lemon wedges, and serve immediately.