- ½ green cabbage, shredded
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and finely sliced
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- ½ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 fresh white fish fillets
- ⅓ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Toss the cabbage, fennel, red onion and parsley together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper until well combined, then pour into the slaw mix and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Pat fish dry with a paper towel. Crumb the fish fillets by first coating in seasoned flour, followed by the egg and then finally in the panko breadcrumbs.
- Fry crumbed fish in a large fry pan with a drizzle of olive oil over medium to high heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve panko fish alongside the cabbage and fennel slaw and garnish with extra parsley if desired.
Top tip: Add 2 tablespoons of roughly chopped salty capers to the mayonnaise dressing for the perfect flavour addition to your slaw! If your local store is all out of fennel, swap for shredded carrot.