- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 piece ginger, peeled and finely copped
- 2 deseeded, chopped, red chilies (optional for heat)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups diced, peeled, pumpkin
- 1 pack mild butter chicken paste (Pataks or Asia Home Gourmet)
- 1 400ml tin light coconut cream
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 kg fresh fish (i.e. snapper or terakhi)
- Heat oil in large pot and saute onion, ginger and garlic.
- Add chili, if using.
- Add curry paste, stir to combine.
- Add pumpkin, stir.
- Add coconut cream, lime juice and chili sauce.
- Cover + simmer until pumpkin is cooked and tender, but still holding shape.
- Sauce should have reduced slightly, but if not turn up heat and reduce further.
- Turn heat down slightly, cut fish into cubes and add to sauce.
- Simmer until fish is cooked through, being careful not to stir too much as to break up fish.
- When cooked, add coriander to serve.
- Serve with basmati rice and a hot roti!