- 1 medium flounder per person (the recipe is per flounder)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Salt and pepper
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- 40g of thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 2 tablespoons of Riesling
- A piece of aluminium foil large enough that the fish can be completely wrapped in.
- Remove the tail and head of the flounder and trim off the fins with scissors.
- Place the flounder in the middle of the foil, sprinkle with fennel and tuck some underneath.
- Fold the sides of the foil up, season the fish with salt and pepper, add a knob of butter, a dash of Riesling and seal up the parcel by crimping the sides and folding together.
- Cook in a shallow pan in a preheated oven at 180°C for approximately 20 minutes.
- Cooking time will depend on the size of the fish. Check by carefully unfolding the top of the foil parcel.