- 700g baby new potatoes
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on
- 1 tablespoon Pams Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Pams Capers (optional)
- 50g Pams Butter
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons Pams Butter, extra, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Green vegetables or salad, to serve
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan, cover with water, add 1 teaspoon of salt. Place over high heat, bring to the boil then cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the potatoes are just tender but still hold their shape.
- Meanwhile, pat the salmon fillets dry with paper towels, then season well on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Place the salmon fillets into the pan, skin side down. Press down firmly to stop the edges curling up. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the salmon has changed colour three quarters of the way up the sides and the skin is crispy. Turn over and cook for a further 30 seconds. Remove from the pan, set aside and keep warm.
- Add the capers to the pan (if using) and cook for 1 minute, or until they start to pop. Reduce the heat to low, add the butter and lemon juice and stir until combined. Season to taste, then stir in the parsley.
- Drain the potatoes and mix with the extra butter and dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the potatoes and salmon fillets between 4 plates. Drizzle with the sauce. Serve with lemon wedges and green vegetables or salad.
- Take this to the next level by topping the potatoes with a dill cream – made using ½ cup crème fraîche and 2 tablespoons chopped dill.
- Simplify this recipe by boiling the potatoes and just tossing in butter.